Mixtape – For The Sake of Song
A great philosopher once remarked, “It’s the freakin weekend.” And everyone knows the best way to celebrate the end of the working week is with an epic mixtape, right? So somethingyousaid.com’s Neil Martin has lovingly put together an hour of awesomeness for your delectation. Your ears can thank him later, but for now, just kick back and turn the volume up to a neighbour-annoyingly loud level for a magnificent combination of forgotten 90s UK grunge, outlaw country, Malaysian psych pop, 70s stoner rock, lost 80s strangeness and more. Nothing yells WEEKEND like Malaysian psych pop, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a goddam fool.
Here’s the full tracklisting. Get stuck in.
1. Oh Ya Ya – Rajah Ahmad & Dengan Dendang Irama
2. Come Back – The Mighty Wah!
3. Fuck Fame – Bart Davenport
4. Time – Jungle
5. Do What You Gotta Do – Clarence Carter
6. Golightly’s Almanac – Roger Morris
7. She Pawned Her Diamonds For Some Gold – Bob Frank
8. Turtles All The Way Down – Sturgill Simpson
9. White Child – Amen Dunes
10. Harvey – Alex G
11. Habit – Ought
12. Palace – Jacob’s Mouse
13. Sorcerer – Junction
14. JM – Strand Of Oaks
15. I Thought The World Of You – Lewis
Follow Neil Martin on Twitter.