Win big with Game of Phones!
My history with Game of Thrones amounts to not knowing what the significance is of people saying “Winter is Coming,” and half-watching the Red Wedding episode that everyone raved about, many months after its premiere airing. Despite my ignorance, I understand that people go ape-shit mental for the show. Like, Breaking Bad level mental. So it’s exciting that Virgin Mobile Australia can soften any Game of Thrones related withdrawal symptoms with their puntastically-named ‘Game of Phones’, an exciting interactive app where you can win mega.
The game will be Australia’s biggest ever location-based mobile app challenge were players hunt for almost $200,000 worth of prizes in the game’s virtual world. The ‘Game of Phones’ world will see live interaction between tens of thousands of people across Australia, all battling it out at a chance of nabbing the huge bounty. The ultimate winner, to be dubbed the ‘King/Queen’of the ‘Game of Phones’, will receive the ultimate prize of a $50,000 VIP voyage of royal proportions. The winner of the title will have the entire Virgin Family at their peril in order to create their dream escape, feet kissing and grape peeling may be on the cards if that’s your thing, you sicko.
So, how will it work?
• Players will hunt for virtual prizes found on the Game Of Phones’ app map screen on their Android or iOS smartphone.
• When players come within 50 metres of a prize icon, they can tap to claim it, but it can then be stolen by other players located within 100 metres – game on!
• Throughout the game, Virgin Mobile stores will act as safe houses and game play is live between 7am and 7pm AEDT Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm AEDT on the weekend from Monday 18 November through to Sunday 8 December.
• Contestants will be able to retain a maximum of three prizes at any one time, from Virgin Australia Velocity points, Virgin Money EFTPOS gift cards, a Virgin Mobile Irresistible Plan and Virgin Wine mixed cases to Sony Xperia™Z1 mobile handsets, Sony 32” TVs and Nespresso coffee machines.
• Prizes that have been protected and retained when the game closes will be available to redeem with the ultimate winner crowned The King and rewarded with a $50,000 Virgin Mobile trip of a lifetime.
The ‘Game of Phones’ app is already available for download now and game play will commence on November 18th. Visit the ‘Game of Phones’ website here, or join the conversation at #GameOfPhones.
Words by Carol Bowditch