Are You Australia’s Best Producer/DJ?
Calling all up-n-coming Australian Producers and/or DJs. Are you looking for a leg-up in the industry? Do you fancy a life-changing opportunity to travel the world’s clubs? Yeah, we know, that’s a stupid question, right? Of course you do.
Welllllll, this could be your lucky day because beer behemoth Budweiser (check out that alliteration) has teamed up with the Australian Independent Music Awards (AIMAs) to launch a nationwide search for the country’s next superstar. Come November, they’ll be announcing the winner of their inaugural ‘Budweiser Producer/DJ of the Year Award’, an auspicious title that comes with a life-changing experience and prize pool. Not only will the artist receive ongoing assistance in their music endeavours, they’ll also grab one of the biggest prize packages ever offered in Australian electronic music, including (deep breath):
– A tour to the US to play at the legendary Marquee Las Vegas – home to resident DJs Kaskade and Erick Morillo – and Marquee New York, followed by a chance to spin at an NYC industry party
– Exclusive homecoming gigs at Australia’s hottest clubs, including Marquee Sydney
– The revolutionary Pioneer DDJ-SX4-channel Serato DJ controller – the world’s first native controller for Serato DJ, complete with professional software
– Ongoing support, opening up potential festival appearances, international DJ sets, sponsorship opportunities and introductions to record labels and industry executives
– Guaranteed media exposure including featured mixes on selected music streaming sites, interviews and profile features in leading music publications and blogs
If this is up your alley, then you’re invited to submit your best tracks, right now, right HERE.
Submissions close at midnight on 30th September 2013, so you know what they say about snoozing and losing.
The winner, as selected by an independent judging panel of music and entertainment industry experts, will be announced at the AIMA ceremony at the New Event Centre at The Star in Sydney on 7th November 2013.
Good luck erryone. Get your tracks submitted here.